Delivery Driver/Customer Service Representative
- A competitive base salary with attractive commission paid for every battery you sell
- Work with trusted market leading brands
- Look after your own territory and customers
This is a permanent, full time opportunity based out of our Palmerston North facility.
While in this role you might sit behind the wheel of a small truck for most of the day enjoying the freedom to manage your own territory, make no mistake, this job is that of a front line customer service representative looking after our customers in the field and with the responsibility to care for and grow the territory's sales.
This job is ideal for someone who has experience as a route driver in the delivery or food, building products, etc. where you will have had regular face to face contact with customers where you:
- Are reliable and helpful.
- Are good with detail and accuracy
- Take ownership of your duties and performance.
- Maintain a balance between being competitive and cooperative.
- Work in a team but are also able to work alone.
- Like routine yet can still be flexible at times.
Your primary responsibilities:
- Provide reliable customer service to a scheduled call plan.
- Handle and deliver batteries and associated products.
- Work safely and follow OH&S procedures.
- Increase sales to existing customers
- Achieve volume targets.
- Manage stock levels and take responsibility for inventory under your care.
- Accurately use tablet/devices.
- Assist in the introduction of new products and promotions to the trade.
What we want in you!
We have 3 "must haves" for you:
- MR Truck licence.
- Reliability - follow a route plan and proactively identify opportunities for improving efficiency; our customers will tell you that they want to set their clocks by your scheduled delivery times.
- Customer focused - you are observant, a good listener and pleasant to work with; experience in direct customer contact will be highly regarded.
If you've got these, read on…
- To proactively seek opportunities to upsell products;
- Manage your own and your customer's stock levels - accurately record all stock movements in and out of your delivery vehicle.
- The ability to safely lift and handle heavy automotive batteries regularly.
- Administration and IT skills to manage paperwork and use a tablet.
- Compliance with Policies and legislation involving Conduct, Safety and Dangerous Goods.
If you enjoy responsibility, can follow instructions and take pride in delivering high levels of customer service to a client base that become like friends, this could be the job for you.
Apply now only via our recruitment hub.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
No recruitment agencies please.