Delivery Driver/Customer Service Representative
- A competitive base salary with attractive commission paid for every battery you sell
- Work with trusted brands
- Look after your own territory
This is a permanent, full time opportunity located at our Auckland facility.
While you might sit behind the wheel of a small truck for most of the day enjoying the freedom to manage your territory make no mistake this is the job of a front line customer service representative looking after our customers in the field.
This job is ideal for someone who has experience as a route driver in the delivery or food, building products, etc. where you will have had regular face to face contact with customers where you:
- Are reliable and helpful.
- Are good with detail and take your duties seriously.
- Maintain a balance between being competitive and accommodating.
- Work in a team but are also capable of facing a bit of healthy competition.
- Maintain a balance between being patient yet restless.
- Work with routine and yet still show a sense of urgency at times.
- Maintain a balance between being sociable and methodical.
- Work with people, yet do not require a lot of stimulation from others.
Your primary responsibilities
- Provide reliable customer service.
- Deliver products.
- Work safely.
- Upsell products.
- Achieve volume targets.
- Manage stock levels.
- Use a tablet
- Assist in the introduction of new products and promotions to the trade.
What we want in you!
- MR Truck licence - must have!
- Forklift licence.
- Route planning - you know how to plan and navigate your route to get the best out of the days' work.
- Reliability - our customers will tell you that they want to set their clocks by your scheduled delivery times.
- Customer focused - you are observant, a good listener and pleasant to work with; experience in direct customer contact will be highly regarded.
- Upsell products; you know, like Macca's do it! - "Do you want fries with that?"
- Manage van and customer stock levels - you can easily reconcile the number and type of products loaded onto and off your van and at the customer's premises.
- Safely manual handle heavy automotive batteries regularly.
- Administration and IT skills to manage paperwork and use a tablet.
- Compliance with Policies and legislation involving Safety and Dangerous Goods.
If you think this is you, what are you waiting for? Apply now via our recruitment hub.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
No recruitment agencies please.